ALFIA has a structured approach. It focuses on oral communication, improves written language if necessary, includes general vocabulary and/or vocabulary specific to my job
Each course is personalized following a 15 minute telephone/Skype conversation with ALFIA’s course manager: please leave me a message or call me on +33 1 84 18 01 70.
Acquire vocabulary and registers of language to be able to:
- understand and speak in meetings, conf calls
- speak clearly and precisely
- express complex ideas
- understand faster and deduce implicit meaning
- improve written English
Manage teams in an international environment. Competencies are acquired according to priority areas of interaction depending on each individual. These include being at ease to:
- start and end informal conversations, check information
- talk about projects, run update meetings, talk about actions and achievements
- talk about innovation, present ideas using language to express ability
- talk about plans, decisions and predictions, plan arrangements and respond to invitations
- participate in decision-making meetings
- report information in an impersonal way, talk about outsourcing
- negotiate with colleagues and make requests
- talk about start-ups, ask for help, avoid saying ‘no’, talk about past recent activities
- talk about technology, deal with problems on the phone, use phrasal verbs
- talk about change, give balanced arguments, talk about the probability of future activities and developments
- talk about data, describe trends, report what someone has said
- talk about cultural differences, describe past events and news
- evaluate performance and raise issues, talk about imagined past actions and results
- talk about career development, discuss interview questions
- written exercises if relevant
COMPANIES WHO HAVE ORDERED THIS MODULE
FACILITESS – FUJITSU SERVICES – LEVITO – McAFEE – TELECOM ECOLE DE MANAGEMENT – SIEMENS – WESTINGHOUSE
Levels are described according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, Learning, Teaching, Assessment: CEFR.
The CEFR describes foreign language proficiency at six levels: A1 and A2, B1 and B2, C1 and C2.
Based on empirical research and widespread consultation, this scheme makes it possible:to establish learning and teaching objectives and to provide a basis for training managers to recognise language qualifications and levels.
IMPROVE MY ENGLISH FOR MY JOB
Structured training courses :
- CECR level descriptions – my needs – made-to-measure
- my assigned teacher
- learn anywhere
- certificates proposed
- maintain my level after the course
- a reliable training centre
- maximised return on investment.
Paid for by government scheme in France (CPF).
- Speaking: construct simple sentences to communicate about him/herself and other, ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
- Listening: understand simple information provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
- Reading: understand short sentences and basic vocabulary.
- Writing: write short emails, text messages
- distance learning by visio or by telephone
- blended learning: contact time alternates with self-study using structured materials
- the same teacher for a given course for coherent follow-up
SPECIFY OR ORDER A COURSE